Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 8 August 2006

Books I've read in the past month

In the past month, I've read the following books by Dan Brown:

Angels and Demons
Deception Point
Digital Fortress


I've heard a lot of people talk about how Digital Fortress was bad. I thought it was pretty good. But I enjoyed Deception Point the best. After reading two Dan Brown novels, they all pretty much become the same. Intricate twists throughout within the plot and characters.

If you're wondering, I read The Da Vinci Code last year in eBook format (yes, it did hurt my eyes). Anyways, Mr. Brown really does a good job of making his novels easy to read and entertaining. His books are like Hollywood movies...but in a book (if only The Da Vinci Code on the silver screen was as good as the book; but that is never the case with book--->movies).

Right now, my current bathroom reading material consists of Black Wind by Clive Cussler. It's a fantastic combination of history and present day drama. It's the first novel I've read by Cussler.

Hey, sometimes when you're teaching English in Seoul you gotta take a break--if you know what I mean (imagine the placement of Black Wind on the top right):


Adam S. said...

Digital Fortress is pretty good.. if you suspend your disbelief about the supposed uncrackable code (and ignoring all you know about cryptography.. but I know so much!).

The problem gets towards the end when a room of (supposedly) brilliant scientists and cryptographers can't figure out a simple math puzzle! Geez.. took me like.. 2 seconds to figure that one out, while they're scrambling like morons..

Gdog said...

Yeah, most Dan Brown books are pretty much "Hollywood" so I tend to just read them for enjoyment. ;)

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com