Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 15 August 2006

Krispy Kreme in KOREA!

I guarantee you will love this post. Everyone loves donuts, especially Koreans. I rarely eat donuts (maybe here and there back home at Tim Hortons) but for some reason all these Western food chains are bringing out the best in me.

We encountered a Krispy Kreme location at a mall near City Hall. Check out the line up below (it actually kept on going down a small flight of stairs and around the corner):

The picture you've all been waiting for, the Krispy Kreme machine in action (Mmmm...icing...). I wasn't sure if the "red light" was on but they were handing out donut samples to everyone waiting in line. The donuts were hot and melted in our mouths!:

*edit* One dozen donuts (6 donuts per box x 2; thanks Queen of the Universe) between four people (that equates to three each for all you mathematically challenged people out there; turns out this is only me)...don't worry, I saved my donuts for later.

Krispy Kreme propaganda..."Eat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts":


g^2 said...

Do you have the strawberry cheesecake "flavor" yet? To die for! in more ways than one, lol.

Gdog said...

I haven't tried that flavor, but I'll keep an eye out for it next time. I don't want to overdose on KK, I still have a year to go in Seoul! ;)

Queen of the Universe said...

Two dozen (24) donuts between four people is SIX apiece, not three :)

Enjoying your blog despite the math.

Lily said...

yay! i have gotten spoiled with having (occasional) fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Atlanta. It's nice to know I can satisfy my craving even in Seoul.

Natalie said...

Hi there, thanks for your extensive guide to Korea. :) I'm heading there for a short trip soon and I was wondering where I could find krispy kreme? Does Dongdaemon market or shinchon fashion street have outlets?I come from a country where we're pretty much deprived of decent donuts.

arcey said...

hi, how much is the original glazed there in korea? how much each and how much per dozen? And is it cold in korea during december? because my family wants to visit korea. hope you'll reply as soon as possible. thanks =)

Gdog said...

natalie: Sinchon does have a Krispy Kreme location...sorry for the late reply!!

arcey: I think it was about 900w per donut (I can't recall) and something like 9000w for a dozen. YES, it is very cold in Korea during December! Bring a warm jacket! Have fun!

Wilys said...

Nice donuts.

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com