Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Friday, 22 September 2006

Gum in Korea...seeking long lasting flavour

Gum in Korea is different. If you come over to teach English in Korea I highly suggest that you bring a box of chewing gum with you. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the gum here. I just enjoy gum with flavour that lasts longer than 5 minutes.

Lotte seems to have a huge monopoly on gum here. Everybody loves Xylitol, a sugar free mint gum that can be found everywhere. If there was a drug in the form of gum, it would be Xylitol.

Anyways, Devante's brother was nice enough to mail us some gum all the way from Canada! Thanks for spending $$$ on the postage (it cost way more than the gum itself)!

Here's the package...it took 1 week to arrive from BC:

Ahhh...isn't that a pretty sight? Thanks Dapper!

Here's a box of Xylitol purchased from Costco (about 6USD):


Anonymous said...

my parents always chew that gum, and I chew it too, i didn't know it was monopoly, even koreans in america all chew it!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com