Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 7 September 2006

Internet Explorer users: say "hello" to the sidebar + banner!

Wow. That took a while for me to fix the "Internet Explorer sidebar drop" problem that I was encountering (along with millions of other bloggers). What I had to do was clone my template and started from scratch, adding line by line of HTML additions and "previewing" to see what was causing the problem.

The issue here is that a link or photo causes the blog to appear too "wide" for Internet Explorer. This drops your sidebar and creates one big, frustrating mess. Well, after some perseverance and detective work with Google I found out the solution myself.

Here's how I fixed the problem:
I increased my content width to "700px", main width to "410px", and sidebar width to "220px". This widens your overall blog and fixes the problem. This isn't a very technical explanation but let's just leave it at that. Please Contact me if you have any questions!

IE users, you can now:
1. See the sidebar (it's been a while)
2. See my banner at the top
3. See that I really need to go to bed.

...it's getting late--3am to be exact. Gee, the things I do for my beloved readers! ;-)


estlxlan said...

=) well done! ur readers love u too! =)

Anonymous said...

You are the BEST G
Not to mention one of the Craziest!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com