Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 19 September 2006

A method to get students to do their homework...

Teaching has taught me a few things. There are various kinds of students and everyone learns in unique and different ways. My job is to reach out and capture "the hearts and minds" of my students.

One day, I ran into a group of senior level students who had started getting "lazy" when it came to homework. So I came up with the signed homework pledge. They printed and signed their lives away. One kid even went as far as providing a fingerprint (I'm stealing his identity as we speak, muhahhaha).

Anyways, I told them that if they forget to do their homework again, I was gonna fax this pledge to their moms--that got them going! Plus, I took a picture of the paper with my camera for that little bit of insurance in case it "disappeared."


g^2 said...

LOL, nothing motivates like the fear of an (angry Korean) mom! :-)

estlxlan said...

little mr Kim has an English name, Thomas? hmm... cute. =) i always thought Korean don't like to give their children English names

Anonymous said...

Use a beating stick to get them to do their homework... that always works for me!


Margaret said...

Hey Gdog, you kill me, sounds like you are having fun teaching! We miss ya G, now that the stupid crazy time is coming to Banquets, we did an impression of you doing an impression of your favorite Banqueteer, you know who I'm talkin bout, later G


Gdog said...

estxlan: most of my kids have English names and they pretty cute names. Examples: Tenny, Dino, Twinkle, ...etc!

Baklava: the beating stick would land me in a Korean jail probably!

g^2: yes, fear the Korean mom!

carmen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.



Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com