Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Saturday, 2 September 2006

Movie night @ the Megabox!

After work on Friday night, we caught a flic at the local Megabox movie theatre, located on the same floor as the Spongy seafood buffet.

Anyways, the choices of western movies at the Megabox was very limited. American movie releases are delayed a few months before they reach Korea. The movie we watched was The Lake House starring Keanu Reeves (aka Neo, the guy from Speed, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, etc) and Sandra Bullock, reuniting for the first time since they filmed Speed!

My movie review: I never really wanted to see The Lake House in the first place, but I decided to give it a chance. It actually turned out to be an alright movie! A weird (and silly) concept, so you'll have to watch it for yourself. *Edit*--One of my blog readers has informed me that The Lake House is a remake of a Korean film called Il Mare.

The Megabox is located about 5-7 minutes away from our place:


Their staff was similar to a small army; I've never seen so many people working in a movie theatre!


Our tickets to see The Lake House, the latest chick-flic (hee hee):


How can you go to a movie without popcorn and soda?


Why not add some nachos and cheese as well (*burp*)?


Bonus picture: the urinals inside the Megabox. I know--this is exactly what you came here for!


Bonus picture #2: I smelled smoke and it turned out these guys were SMOKING inside the washroom stalls...just greeaaattt!

2 comments:

Jay Lee said...

lake house is actually a hollywood re-make of Korean movie called '시월애'.

Gdog said...

Really? I had no idea...thanks for the info, I will be editing my post from above!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com