Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 3 October 2006

Mexican spot in Itaewon...tacos, burritos, etc...

On the weekend we had lunch at this small Mexican spot located in Itaewon. If you get off at the Itaewon subway station, take the Itaewon Market exit. The moment you exit the station, behind you should be Burger King. Walk towards BK, turn right and walk down the street past Gecko's Bar & Grill (you know I'll be visiting there in the future). About 100 meters later you should see Taco Amigo (Thanks ZenKimchi!) on the right. I had a beef taco (with cheese, sour cream, olives) with chips and salsa and refried beans. Add a small can of Coke and my meal was a reasonable 7000w (7usd).

Don't mind my snot rag in the upper left corner ruin your appetite! ;-)

2 comments:

ZenKimchi said...

Taco Amigo. Good stuff there. The owner is quite a character too. Did a little piece on my web site about it ("Globing it in Itaewon").

But DON'T do Pancho's. No one I know has had a good experience there. The last time I was there, I actually came out depressed.

Gecko's is a regular haunt for us when my friends are meeting in Itaewon. I hate the place, but I love the place. The food is good, and so is the beer. But it seems to be the safe harbor for Korea haters.

Anonymous said...

I go there once a month, so glad that I don't have to give up Mexican food while Im living over here.

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com