Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 28 November 2006

Korean bbq--added to the list of things I'm addicted to

I'm addicted to a few things in this world:
  1. Devante (she's just so cute =)
  2. The internet
  3. Newly added-------> Korean barbeque
Alright, I admit my list isn't very complete but lately I've been eating a lot of barbeque. You can never have bad barbeque in my books. Last night after work we went for barbeque to the 24 hour place in Omokgyo. It was delicious as usual. Is too much barbeque unhealthy? Either way, I'm going to continue to stuff my face! Muhahaha!

The garlic roasting in sesame oil is pretty awesome (remember this video?):

Wanna smell my breath after this (you can never have enough garlic)?

On the weekend, we went for barbeque in Sinchon. It was awesome--barbeque in Korea rocks! I have yet to try chicken barbeque. I've had beef, pork, bacon...what's next? Dog?

Look at that flame...burn baby, burn!

Walking through the streets of Sinchon (Devante in front of me; HC in the background):

Playing with my new toy on the streets of Sinchon...hey ladies!

Any Hello Kitty fans out there?


estlxlan said...

oh i see... that's the reason why u hadn't been blogging for the past few days? BBQ-ing!? watch that waist-line!

yea, ur girlfriend is very sweet and cute looking. =) no wonder u r addicted to her! =))

Gdog said...

Yeah I know, I have to cut back on the bbq. ;)

Thanks for the kind words--yes, she is the best. :)

Sandra said...

I wonder if you could roast garlic like that in a frying pan. I normally bake my garlic, but I might have to try it with a frying pan, only I don't have any cupcake holders.

Anonymous said...

You have to try the "dak kalbi".
It's a spicy chicken barbecue.
That stuff will blow out your mind.
My god I'm hungry.

Gdog said...

It's the same as deep frying garlic I would assume...how about you give it a test and let us know? ;-)

mark said...

I don't think there's much difference if you bake or fry it except maybe for the outside texture. But I'm hardcode and I eat my garlic raw with my Korean BBQ.

And man did it ever snow in Vancouver... and it just started again.

sue said...

I have a same toy like you. It is awesome, isn't it? Do you use a standard lens 18-55mm or other ones?

Anonymous said...

Awww TayaG! She looks so cute! I hope you guys have an great X-mas break visiting her family. Maybe I'll come visit you guys since I'll be done school in 2 weeks!


Gdog said...

Sue: Yes, the XTi/400D is an amazing camera. Currently, I'm only using the 50mm f/1.8 prime. My next lens will be the Tamron 17-50 f/2.8...

Drea: Yeah! Come visit us...it's great here. :)

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com