Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Sunday, 19 November 2006

Lotte World--a "Lotte" of fun--part 1

Today is my 25th birthday (26 in Korean years--happy birthday to me! ;-) Anyways, on the weekend we started celebrating early. Saturday, we ventured to Lotte World with friends from work. Lotte World is an enormous amusement park that has rides both indoors and outdoors. Yes, you guessed it, Lotte is the corporation behind Pepero (and Pepero Day), your favorite Korean snack. The indoor theme park is the largest in the world. The park also consists of the Lotte Hotel, a shopping mall, movie theater and a Korean folk museum. Lotte world will keep you busy for the day--as day passes cost 30,000w for unlimited rides.

We arrived in the early afternoon (after eating breakfast at Puffin Cafe in Itaewon). Lotte World was getting very busy. We planned on going first thing in the morning but let me tell you...it's hard waking up early! Here we are at Puffin Cafe...the breakfast is the bomb!


Here I am hanging out with some of my real friends:


Finally, the Lotte World ticket booth...the suspense is killing me:


You must have Dippin' Dots at Lotte World...it's only 2000w ($2US) for a large cup...deal!


The indoor theme park was interesting. Non stop entertainment and parades everywhere:


Here's our first ride...on this mammoth sized pirate ship. It was amazing--watch the video!


After, we went on this small boat ride on the water in one of these...it was really fun and we got splashed by the "clean" water:


Let's see what the outdoor amusement park has to offer...to be continued...

3 comments:

Annis said...

Hi, just a furthur comment on the name Lotte. This make is owned by a second or third generation Korean in Japan. Believe or not, I heard that Lotte was taken from Charlotte in Goethe (The Sorrows of Young Werther). How romantic!

Vicky said...

Just a word to let you know that I really enjoyed reading through your blog! (love the inventions too! ;o)
I am planning to work in Korea from January (Seoul hopefully) Your blog has cheered me up a lot, there are so many moaners and whiners out there, it's almost off putting.
Would be great to meet up with you and your partner for a beer or two (I'm buying! ;o) as a thanks for the smiles)
Hope it's ok if I send you a message once I'm there via your blogger registered email. Vicky

Vicky said...

Just a word to let you know that I really enjoyed reading through your blog! (love the inventions too! ;o)
I am planning to work in Korea from January (Seoul hopefully) Your blog has cheered me up a lot, there are so many moaners and whiners out there, it's almost off putting.
Would be great to meet up with you and your partner for a beer or two (I'm buying! ;o) as a thanks for the smiles)
Hope it's ok if I send you a message once I'm there via your blogger registered email. Vicky

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com