Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Monday, 20 November 2006

Lotte World...a "Lotte" fun--part 2

...okay, so we've now exited the indoor theme park. We're outside and the amusement park reminds me of pictures of Disneyland. The outdoor park is called "Magic Island" and there are various rides scattered throughout.

The first ride we went on was called the Gyro Drop...and wow, was it ever amazing. We got strapped into seats, the ride slowly elevated to about 150-200 feet, paused for three seconds and then WHAM...we were free falling to the bottom! It was an incredible rush!

Next, we took in some bumper car action. It was fun going Kamikaze style into random Koreans and watching them react to my non stop laughing (most of them were only "bumping" their friends, but I managed to change that, hee hee). Afterwards, we went on a roller coaster called "Atlantis."

Now, Lotte World has faced some bad publicity for its recent string of events in the past (including the death of a man on this very same roller coaster!). I guess this made the ride even more..."enjoyable!" What surprised me was "Atlantis" had a height maximum--I just made it by a few inches. The ride was incredible as my body took a nice beating from the quick and sudden jolts--I felt like Tom Cruise in Top Gun going crazy (but not to the point where I'm jumping on a coach on Oprah).
The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Cruiseonoprah.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. "LOOK AT ME, I LOVE KATIE HOLMES!" -Maverick

Does this look similar to Disneyland?


Here's the guide map to Lotte World...


If you're considering going to Lotte World, you must experience the Gyro Drop:


Bumper car etiquette...there is no such thing!


All that bumping took its toll on my hunger. Time to eat some sweet, buttery corn on a stick:


The ride snapped pictures of us and they were for sale afterwards--being the sly guy that I am, I took pictures of the pictures (Devante and I are hidden behind the guy in the back; that's Anyways and HC riding shotgun)!


We had a great time at Lotte World...but once nightfall came, it started to get really cold. Do you want to visit Lotte World? Take line 2, the green line to Jamsil. I suggest going early as they open at 9:30am.


So we decided to have curry for dinner at Everest Restaurant, located in Dongdaemun (exit 3; turn left down an alley, then take a right, up the stairs). The food here is incredible and they are always jam packed. Care for some garlic naan?


How about some butter chicken? Man, it was darn good...what a way to end an awesome day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

That sounded great.

Anonymous said...

Seems like Lotte world is a lot of fun. BTW, how's ur 400D?

Anonymous said...

It Looks fun at the Lotte world. BTW, how's your Canon 400D?

Gdog said...

My 400D is awesome. I haven't had a chance to take it out yet but I will this weekend. I love it so far!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com