Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Wednesday, 13 December 2006

Our upcoming Christmas vacation

Winter vacation officially starts for us on December 21st. Our plans you ask? Well, we will be making a trip out to Dubai, UAE. What are we doing there? We'll be visiting Devante's parents! We're flying direct to Dubai from Seoul on Emirates (yes, we live a life of luxury). We'll be seeing sites such as the Burj Al Arab (the world's tallest hotel) the Palm Jumeirah, and experience Ski Dubai (an indoor ski park--in the desert!).

From the day I started this blog, back in June, I have posted at least one entry per day (come on, it's The Daily Kimchi--it has to be daily) since our arrival in Seoul. This will be my 288th post in a span of five months. According to my rough calculations, I've averaged 1.92 posts per day.

When we leave for Dubai, The Daily Kimchi will officially be on vacation (it's okay to cry if you are feeling emotional right now). I will maybe post a few pictures from Dubai, but other than that I will be relaxing. My blog will be back up and running on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. The blog will be on vacation from Dec.21-31st--so mark this down on your calendar (remember to return afterwards)!

Here's a picture of Tiger Woods teeing off the helicopter pad of the Burj Al Arab:


Here's a shot of the hotel (don't worry, it's too expensive for my blood):

5 comments:

Katie said...

Talk about a life of luxury...no posting for two weeks?! :)

I'm going to Turkey, but, barring the breaking of my laptop which I'm starting to think is a distinct possibility, the TEFL Logue is coming with me (maybe I can even steal some of your readers for that time)!

All kidding aside, posting every day is a heck of an accomplishment. Have a good vacation!

Sretan Bozic/Merry Christmas from the TEFL Logue.

Jon Allen said...

have a great holiday.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're going to freakin' Dubai! Yeah, I'll be cryin'--'cause I'm not vacationing in freakin' Dubai!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're going to freakin' Dubai! Yeah, I'll be cryin'--'cause I'm not vacationing in freakin' Dubai!

Gdog said...

Thanks for the comments everybody! So while I'm taking time off, everybody head over to the TEFLlogue.com as it's a great resource. ;)

Jon: Thanks.

Zen: I could fit you into my carry on luggage, but the limit is 7kg aka 14lbs. We have a problem.

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com