Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Friday, 1 December 2006

This is why I chose the teaching profession

I was going to post this earlier but had forgotten to do so. When I taught my first class in July, I posted pictures of this class. One student, Sophia, showed up to my class with a gift and card on my birthday (read the 10 other posts about my birthday week, hehe). I was flabbergasted as I had no idea she would remember my birthday four months later. I will let the pictures speak for themselves, but this is one of the rewards of teaching: being able to make an impact on students. It's an indescribable feeling. Sophia is no longer in my classes, but we do talk every time we pass by in the halls.

Teaching brings both good and bad, just like any other job. I look forward to seeing my students everyday--they always have something new to show me or tell me. This keeps it fresh and interesting as everyday is different. What can I say, I enjoy my job! :)


TSF in Ulsan said...

Man, I know what you're saying. There are times when the "little buggers" (a term of affection) give me hell, and then there are the times they do something so cute that you just want to give them a big hug. We'll see if they remember my birthday in four months!

vita said...

How CUTE !. It's very touching isn't it :D

Gdog said...

Yeah, the minds of children are so fascinating. It's so interesting to see them grow and then think back to when I was their age.

yoomz said...

11/20 is my husband's birthday too!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com