Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 5 December 2006

What I'm currently listening to: AOL XM Satellite Radio

Listening to music is a great way to relax and just kick back. I always have music on my computer and my iPod to keep things lively. Normally if I wanted to listen to the radio I'd load up The Beat or Z95.3 from back home and sometimes Pandora. But that has all changed thanks to AOL XM Satellite Radio. I'd like to give a big shout out to John from Daejeon as he let me know about this awesome service.

AOL hasn't been in my good books in the past but things are starting to change (just a tiny bit). This free internet radio is powered by the XM Satellite Radio service. The best part is the CD quality Dolby AAC audio with over 200 AOL stations (the commercials are kept to a minimum; some are commercial free) and no registration. The stations are awesome--in the Pop category they have ones such as All Mariah Carey, All Madonna, All Prince, and others. If you know of any other free music services, let me know!

There is one thing I'd like to know--are there any AOL disk collectors out there reading my blog? ;-)

2 comments:

Andreas Förster said...

Hey gdog, followed your recommendation to AOL XM, just to see. Looked good to me, so I tried to start it up. Installation of the plug-in failed because of Nullsoft ActiveX issues. Do you need IE for this to work? Do you need to be admin? (I certainly wouldn't want AOL to do something on my computer with administrator rights. They have a history of dumping little jiffies that you can never get rid of.)

Anyway, nice blog. Enjoy Korea!

Gdog said...

Hi andreas! I also had the same problem as you with both Firefox and IE. So I agreed to install the ActiveX plugin or whatever it was from AOL. Now it works in both browsers. Give it a shot!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com