Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Wednesday, 31 January 2007

Inside a Korean pharmacy...video

With the end of the intensives schedule, one would think that would give adequate time for my body to rest and heal. Well, think again. My experience with conjunctivitis has come back again (I don't think it was ever gone) but this time it's minor. So, once again I made another trip to the eye doctor for a full examination.

Upon my arrival at the eye clinic, I waited five minutes and immediately was whisked into the doctor's office. I had my eyes checked, eye pressure examined, and an eye exam (my vision is almost perfect, for those who want to know). All this in a span of ten minutes! I was instructed to finish off some existing drops and I received a prescription for another set of drops as well.

This is the part that I love the best--the experience of a Korean pharmacy. Your prescription is filled at lightning speed and it's dirt cheap. Once again, it only cost me 1500w ($1.50US) for my prescription and it was filled within minutes. Another bonus, free yogurt drinks! They are on the counter and free to customers--sweet!

Here are the free yogurt drinks--this is the reason why I keep going to the doctor...to get my yogurt drink fix:


Here's an exclusive video of your typical Korean pharmacy. I was accompanied by one of the Korean staff from work to do all the translation for me. Without her, it would've been one long game of charades to get things done:

10 comments:

Jon Allen said...

I'm getting some interesting errors when trying to access your blog from your profile, after clicking through from my blog.
I'll report it to blogger and let you know.

Eva Karrin McKinnon said...

I want to hear Devante's voice! We all love our daily dose of Gary, but Devante would be a real treat. Anyone second my request?

mark said...

What do those yogurt drinks taste like?

Anonymous said...

hi!
just wondered if you ever tried the chinese style herbal medicine that they have over in korea?

usually they boil the herbs for you at some place then place the liquid in handy one-serving-size sachets and give the patient 3 sachets a day for about a month.

i only had a few sachets of the stuff from a friend but i didn't half get a boost off it in the mornings!

i heard it's expensive though....

Chris.

Gdog said...

Eva: haha, I'll let her know. Maybe she'll make a special appearance in the future.

Mark: those yogurt drinks taste a little on the tart side, with a watered down yogurt taste. It's hard to explain, but I love them.

Chris: I haven't tried that yet in Korea, but I have tried many Chinese herbal soups back home.

Dr. Nikos Kanakas said...

Hi

It is a very nice and good post and I like it.

Δρ Νικος Kanakas said...

Hi

it is amaizing and intresting post.

Νίκος Κανακάς said...

Hi

It is so nice and beauti post and I relly impressed it.

νικος κανακας said...

Hi

It is a great and nice post and i like it.

Anonymous said...

I have a question. Am I able to bring my prescriptions from the US and fill them in Korea? Or do I have to see a Korean doctor first? Thanks- Marc

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com