Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 15 February 2007

Decorating our officetel-fun, fun, fun!

After our Christmas vacation in the UAE, we were moved into a larger officetel (also known as a box) a few floors up. Since we came as a couple, our accommodation is bigger than the setup would normally be for a single. Moving into a new place means trying to furnish and decorate. Hey, if we're living in a big square room we might as well try to make it look nice and feel comfortable.

We picked up some plants from Homever. They were quite cheap and they help bring some life into our white box. Here's one of the bamboo plants that we picked up:


This is another plant we decided to purchase. The thing I love the best about these plants--low maintenance, baby!


This little sucker sits nicely on our kitchen table:


I also got some digital prints enlarged from Costco and framed. If you're looking for cheap prints and you have a Costco nearby, I would suggest to get your prints done there. It's only 150w (15 cents) for a 4x6 print and if you're looking to go even bigger it's 700w (70 cents) for a 8x10. Want to go larger? The price jumps to 2500w ($2.50US) for a 11x14. You just bring your photos on your memory card and insert it into the computer at the Photo Counter. It's quite simple and easy to use. Now let's get to something important--don't forget to crop your photos to the 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, or 11x14 specifications before you show up at Costco. This is exactly what I forgot to do and I quickly remember at the last minute. So, with a game of charades I was able to get the employee to show me my pictures before she printed them. My picture now have a couple white borders on each side because of my lack of foresight-doh!

Here are the photos we printed in 11x14. A picture of the sun rise in Dubai and another of Devante's cute little dog:


...here's the view from the beach at the Hilton Beach Club in Ras Al-Khaimah and a shot of the Burj Al-Arab hotel in Dubai:


A quick question for the readers out there using Internet Explorer: are you getting errors when you try to load my blog? I noticed my sidebar on the right has dropped to the bottom (I've had this problem in the past) and also IE gives a pop up error. Although, browsing with Firefox gives no errors whatsoever. I'm trying to remedy the situation and will fix this ASAP. AsianTom pointed this out, thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog loads perfect in my IE :) Cheers from Brno, Czech Republic.

Anonymous said...

I have problems... it loads, then a error message pops up saying that IE can't load this page. hmmm so weird. It finally did load this time. I think this was the 5th or 6th try though. Good luck from another teacher in Seoul.

Lisa said...

Hello,
Just stopping in to say that I read your blog daily--I love it!

I also have internet explorer, and get the pop up error each time I visit your page now (it has been over a week that it has been happening).

I don't know if you take suggestions, but I would love to know more about Korean fashion (with pics).
Lisa :)

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com