Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 27 February 2007

DMB, headsets, and steering wheels

These pictures have been waiting to be posted on the blog. Here are their chances to shine...enjoy.

Digital Media Broadcasting (DMB) is huge in Korea. It enables people to watch multimedia on their cellphones and these portable devices. People are watching TV on their cellphones all the time! Check out ESPN live here...from a student's phone! This picture was taken on the subway.


Most cabs are GPS enabled and they also subscribe to DMB...you might just be lucky enough to watch TV while you're in a cab...


Who needs a wireless headset for your cellphone, when you can just wedge it into your helmet?


There are taxi drivers in Seoul and then there are the REAL taxi drivers. Like this guy, with a Raid (a German racing parts company) steering wheel. This guy drove like he was starring in The Fast and the Furious--awesome!

3 comments:

Peter Chen said...

Hi gdog,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Label cloud for Blogger Beta (now New Blogger). I have responded to your comment.

BTW how is Kimchi? Have you learned how to make it yourself? If so, is it easy? I hear that it is healthy to eat Kimchi. I heard it may even help prevent bird flu.

Peter a.k.a. enviroman
Enviroman Says

mark said...

Yeah, I saw a lot of those DMB handsets when I visited in October.

But... I think the killer app are the WiBro and high speed data cell networks.

Peter Chen said...

Hi gdog,

I have responded to your new comment in my post Label cloud for Blogger Beta (now New Blogger).

Peter a.k.a. enviroman
Enviroman Says

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com