Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Friday, 23 March 2007

The Mokdong sunset

My classroom at work is a corner suite with all the amenities: a toilet paper dispenser, white board brush eraser holder, and even enough room for a toilet paper tie (which is now famous--it was recognized as official toilet paper art). The back of my classroom consists of all windows so the transition from day to night can be seen everyday. Some days the sunsets are spectacular. However, they are overlooked when I have the blinds partially drawn sometimes.

One day last week during a lesson one of my students had a "TEACHER LOOK!" moment. Everyone turned around and was like "WOOOOWWWW!"...I had no idea what was going on. With the lesson conveniently on hold as everyone rushed to the window, all I hear is "so beautiful" and that's when I clued in they were talking about the sunset. Upon further inspection they were indeed correct. One of the nicest sunsets I've seen in Korea by far. Here a couple pictures to prove that I am not a pathological liar:

Luckily I had my camera handy (it's always handy as you may have already figured out--there I go again lying) and snapped a couple quick photos. This one turned out the best:

That plane in the background is heading towards Gimpo International Airport. Jon Allen from I'm A Seoul Man was on hand for today's opening of the Incheon-Gimpo Airport Railway. So far the pictures look impressive.

One more picture for you here. Notice the difference between the two pictures...a wide angle perspective compared to a shot zoomed in. Photography is fun (taken with my Canon SD400 for those who care)!


Anonymous said...

Ooooh, beautiful sunset. Pictures of sunsets against city foregrounds always make me feel lonely....

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com