Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 15 March 2007

Steak and prawns at home

I've been really busy the past couple of days so I will post something worth reading (or so I hope) in the next little while. I have some good stuff on the way. You just wait. In the meantime, I had a request from a family member about more food pics. Well, here you go:

The steak and prawns were purchased at Costco and cooked by yours truly. I don't think I am at the level of Mike Weaver quite yet, I'm just a Yan Can Cook wannabe, minus the deep accent and the evil guy eye brows. Hey, if "Yan can cook, so can you!"




EDIT: Here's a picture of a recent beef and tomato stir fry with brown rice while we're on the topic of home cookin:

11 comments:

ZenKimchi said...

You are E-e-e-vil!

Hoo said...

Looks delicious, I'd like to make a reservation for four at Chateau de Gdawg.

Leo said...

Looks great,wonderful presentation!

Sandra said...

Those shrimp look really good :)

Gdog said...

Thanks guys, next time dinner's on me. I don't know how you're gonna get over here though, Leo!

Leo said...

I'll have to train in Taekwondo again and maybe go there for a tournament.

Anonymous said...

what is the recipe for the stir fry?

Gdog said...

Hmm...well, it's a recipe from back home, actually my mom's. You'll need slices of beef, peppers, onions and tomatoes.

Quickly stir fry the beef for about 2-3 minutes and remove.

Saute the onions, tomatoes, and peppers in pan till the onions are golden. Add a 1/4 cup of water. Then add some ketchup, sweet thai chili sauce, and some oyster sauce. If you want to thicken it up, add some cornstarch that has been premixed with some water. You'll have to taste this to your liking.

Add the beef back into the pan and let it cook for 5 more minutes. Voila, you are finished!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe - i will give that a shot

Guano Island

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe!

Guano Island

Anonymous said...

thanks!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com