Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 12 April 2007

Video tutorial: How to sharpen your pencil with a box cutter

If you've been following my blog, then you should remember my post about box cutters for kids. A few days ago I was trying to sharpen my pencil with a box cutter. I wasn't doing a very good job. That was until one of my students, John, decided to show his teacher the ropes (you can see John in action from White Day and the Baekdu Mountain debate. He likes to scream when I'm filming him).

What a perfect opportunity to whip out the camera for a video op. I was amazed at John's incredible box cutter-pencil-sharpening skills. This guy's a real pro and one day he should strongly consider opening up shop in the box cutter-pencil-sharpening business. Anyways, here is the video. Let me know if you can decipher and understand John's English in the comments:


What are the downsides of sharpening your pencil with a box cutter? According to John, it hurts your fingers. Give it some time, young buck, and eventually your skin will develop a nice callus.

4 comments:

Ed said...

*something...something* longer butt...not good...not beautiful.

...and then he says "here".

Do I win? What's the prize? I want eternal glory and fame.

...or candy. Either one is fine.

suddenly susan said...

he said, "it can longer but not good, not beautiful."

that means, "you can make the point longer but it won't look as nice."

i've become very good at understanding konglish.

Gdog said...

Sorry dude but you just got owned by Susan. She pretty much hit the nail on the head. You will still have eternal fame and glory for trying though.

Man, I love Konglish and I never realized how I can understand it a lot better now than before. It's pretty awesome. It's not a cell phone everybody, it's a hand phone!

annamatic said...

It's not a hand phone, it's a hand PONE! ^^

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com