Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Friday, 25 May 2007

The Easiest Way to Move in Seoul

Moving to a new place can be a pain in the butt. You have to organize and pack all your junk to prepare it for moving. I always find it interesting when I'm packing things up to move because I always find something interesting that I never knew I had. If that's the case, then whatever I found should have been thrown into the trash. Ahh, the joys of being a rat pack. It's a tough habit to break I tell ya.

When we moved to from our original officetel to our bigger officetel, it was quite easy because we only had to drag our stuff up six floors (using a Homever shopping cart is more handy than you think). What happens when you want to get serious about moving furniture and other miscellaneous goods? Well, if you live in an apartment, this is one of the easiest way to move, as spotted on the way to work one day. Using a massive lift that goes up thirteen stories or so...awesome. I'd hate for my grand piano to fall down from up there though:

Have you experienced moving with one of these things before?


John Walker said...

Yes Ainslie and I had to move. One of those Homever was used. We were in the second storey of a 3 bedroom and we move to a 2 bedroom on the 3 floor down the street. We managed to move out and in, within a couple of hours in the morning before class had even started

Gdog said...

Very interesting. I see these things being used all the time. Good to know they actually are very helpful!

worldtour said...

Looks like a great way to do it. Here in Harbin China it's not really such a problem. Living in a high rise like the one pictured, you must have a pretty high income so it is is not a situation most teachers here have. I have moved four times in four years here, the hardest thing is packing it up. You then can just hire a mover for a very cheap price, under 20 bucks and it gets moved in a few hours. I don't think I could find one here but if I had a baby grand, I think I would look. Good job on the blog.

Gdog said...

Hey worldtour, thanks for visiting. How is teaching in China?

cheap moving supplies said...

I have searching for that and I got it , thanks a lot for this post.

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com