Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 17 May 2007

The Forgotten Pre-Dim Sum Warm Up Breakfast

The previous Hong Kong food update was about dinner, and prior to that it was dim sum. I forgot to post about a "mini" breakfast that I had right before heading to Tsim Sha Tsui for dim sum. My aunt and I quickly popped into one of her favorite cafes for a light snack.

This time around I had a hot "yeen yeung" and an order of Hong Kong-style French toast (I scraped away most of the butter--see, I do advocate healthy eating). I also ate half of my aunt's buttered toast. This is the perfect pre-dim sum breakfast. Since I basically consumed a whole bunch of carbs (and some protein from the French Toast) it only lasted the subway ride anyways. Once we traveled from Olympic station to Tsim Sha Tsui, I was hungry again. So don't worry, I was well taken care of. ;)




3 comments:

Leo said...

I fondly remember, upon first arriving at HK abck when I worked there, complaining about the small portions of food those Hongers ate. Then I realized they had about 8 meals a day.

Anonymous said...

as one of the RS members at vancouver.. i always check out and read your blog...i love reading it hehe.. anyways.. you are lucky you get to stay and live for a while at asia... -_-" it makes me miss my birthplace even more in a good way..

Gdog said...

Leo: haha, I haven't heard or used the term "Hongers" since my last visit to Ricemond. Yes, it is very true that eating 10 times a day is normal here!

anonymous: thanks for reading the blog and I'm glad you're enjoying the posts. When you think of it, we are pretty lucky to be working and living in Seoul. :)

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com