Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Guess who's back?

Well...that was quite the mini "blog break," wasn't it? I never did explain why I was going to be absent from the blog for the past few days. Well, here it is: I spent the last three days in Hong Kong! There was a possible job opportunity there so I had to fly over and have an interview. Given the high cost of my ticket, I was determined once again to eat myself into oblivion (if you're a new reader, get used to it)!

I stayed with my aunt and I was very well taken care of. What did I do? I did what I do best: eat excessive amounts of food (thanks for all the comments about my eating habits by the way, hehe). Hong Kong is one of the meccas of tantalizing and affordable cuisine and I envy all people who get to live there (such as K-Rad). Here's a picture to give you a teaser of things to come: a bowl of cow stomach beef tripe noodles (thanks Ed) from one of my favorite little spots in Tsim Sha Tsui. Any big fans out there? Don't knock it till you try it, that's all I have to say!


As for a small Korea update, here's a picture of a recent homemade lunch from last week: a chicken burger with bacon and cheese, fully loaded. I could not bite into this sandwich...it was too difficult!


I'm going to sleep. I got home very early this morning and had to work to boot. Regular updates will resume from now on--goodnight!!!

5 comments:

Ed said...

It's tripe, dude...people freak out when you say cow stomach. But yes, I love cow stomach...been eating that stuff since I was a kid. Delicious.

ZenKimchi said...

I want some of that cow stomach soup. Have you tried the Korean cow head soup? You can usually get it at SeollongTang places.

Catherine June said...

Hehe, one of my favorite dish is pig intestines. My husband finds it repulsive and struggles to share the same table as me no matter how gracefully I pick up the intestines with chop sticks before I send to my mouth. Ah...its great to be Chinese. :D

Gdog said...

You know what they say about the Chinese..."they eat everything with four legs except the kitchen table, and everything with two legs except for humans." ;)

Anonymous said...

haha!
oo i love tripe
I'm going to Hong Kong for 20 days in August! Can't wait to try their food.. though Vancouver seems pretty with it when it comes to Chinese/HKstyle food.. you know that =D

Natasha

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com