Before we continue, here are some of the highlights from our trip:
- Flying from Seoul to Dubai aboard Emirates
- Arriving in Dubai: The Burj Al-Arab "7 Star" Hotel
- Up and coming Ras Al-Khaimah (aka RAK)
- The Hilton Beach Club (swimming in the Persian Gulf)
- Christmas Brunch at Al Hamra Fort Hotel and Beach Resort
- Fast food in the Middle East
- Hitting the links at Tower Links Golf Club
- Wild goats and camels roaming around in RAK
- Starbucks in RAK
- Manar Mall in RAK: Eating a McArabia from McDonald's
- Ski Dubai: Snowboarding in the desert!
After a week and half in the desert, it was time to head back to Seoul. We didn't want to leave, but we had to! Anyways, here are some pictures from the Dubai airport and duty free. Check out this cool advertisement:
From the second floor, check out the massive duty free from the left...
...and to the right. Dubai Duty Free had the largest selection of goods I have seen so far at a duty free. Jewelry, make up, snacks, toiletries, electronics, clothes, souvenirs, etc. We had about three hours before our flight left and we spent a good two hours here browsing through all the neat stuff:
Dubai Duty Free was selling tickets for people to win this sexy Lamborghini...
and this sleek BMW:
We stocked up on some snacks in the grocery section of the duty free. One thing that I will always remember about Dubai and RAK is the rebirth of Tang in my life. People love Tang here like how South Koreans love SPAM! Check out this dedicated Tang display:
Have you traveled to the UAE? Dubai? RAK?