Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 13 September 2007

My First Chipotle Mexican Grill Experience

So right now it's the morning after the Justin Timberlake concert that was held in the Tacoma Dome. We needed some brunch and since we were on a Mexican theme we ended up at a Chipotle Mexican Grill! All I can say is you guys down south sure are lucky to have such tantalizing Mexican cuisine at your fingertips--I'm jealous!

Most Chipotle restaurants are built with sustainable architecture in mind, to help minimize the impact on the environment. Good on them. Evidence of this was their recycling of all plastic waste (reminds me of Korea's recycling initiatives).

First things first when you enter a Chipotle is to choose your poison--what you want to eat that is. You choose what you want and as you go along the worker there just loads up your selection of an assortment of fresh ingredients.

We ordered a burrito with shredded beef (Barbacoa), cilantro-lime rice, re-fried black beans, fresh tomato salsa, sour cream, and cheese, Their burritos are HUGE...this is half of one that I split with Devante (along with our chips and fresh guacamole!)

My sister ordered a salad which was huge, and to the right you can see some soft tacos as well. For all those who worry about me overeating, don't worry because today I kept myself in line! haha.

The napkins have little diagrams that show you instructions on how to dismantle and eat your burrito. I think these instructions are for people who don't know how to unwrap foil from a burrito. LOL!

Any other big fans of Chipotle Mexican Grills out there (aside from Mrs. J)?


Mrs J said...

LOL! Next time you're in Texas, let me know. I'll make sure you get some good Mexican. :-)

John said...

You coming for Dot Com Pho tomorrow? It's at Pho Lan, normal time. 12:30

Gdog said...

Hey John, thanks for the heads up. Yup, I'll be there, looking forward to meeting you guys. :)

Orchid said...

The food pics look yummy!
We do not have many (or any) Mexican restaurants here. :-(

Love the look of the Chipotle building too!

Gdog said...

mrs j: THANKS...I'll take you up for that the next time I'm in the "lone star" state! ;)

I Am... said...

i believe chipotle started down in the san diego area and has slowly crawled up all the way to seattle. being in northern california, we were all excited when we started seeing them about 4 years back... yum yum!

JoeTech.com said...

On a good day, I can eat a whole Burrito Bowl, but then I'm mostly useless the rest of the day.

Skinny Steve said...

LOL. Are there other fans? We've been emailing the corporation begging them to come to Korea!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com