Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Friday, 16 November 2007

Giving Away Free Stuff to Students

When you're about to complete your one year contract teaching English in Korea, and you have a bunch of stuff leftover, what should you do? Heck, the easiest way is not to throw it in the garbage or recycle, but to give it way in class! Children love giveways (adults too)!

This lucky class of mine (probably one of my best classes; former ex-pat Korean students that learned English overseas!) was the lucky recipient of some random things leftover in my classroom. Remember these pictures on the wall from our officetel? Well, I kept the photos but gave away the empty frames (autographed with a personal message of course)! LOL! A plant given to me from work? Give that way too! An extra picture of me from work? Might as well throw that in! A random organizer? Oh yeah! Some of my other classes received pens, binders, Post-It notes, paperclips, note pads, misc. candy, etc...

The process? A random lottery draw! Everybody loves prizes, right? First things first, put their names on a piece of paper and start picking away. Watch the following video explain the entire process (that magical tune at the end of the video signaled the beginning and end of every single class--I hear it in my nightmares!!):

4 comments:

anka skakanka said...

Pozdrowienia z Polski :) --<---(@

John from Daejeon said...

Wow! That was some tough job, teaching English to kids who seem to speak it quite well. I doubt if a single kid in my hagwon can tell you what a "scribble" is, much less pronounce it.

Still enjoying unemployment bliss? Must be nice.

shanju_cool said...

holy they r quite good in english! i was thinking they'd be on a whole different level...

Gdog said...

anka: uhh..thanks, but you'll have to translate that for me! :)

John: I have some job prospects coming up, it looks like we are going to settle here for a while, before embarking on another journey. Hope all is well in K-town.

shanju: you must realize this class was full of former expat children...so their English was better than mine!!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com