Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Saturday, 22 December 2007

The iPhone is Coming to Korea...

...that is if Steve Jobs allows it! Recent headlines in South Korea mention that mobile carrier KTF is looking to secure the rights to the iPhone in Korea. Seeing that Canada doesn't even have the iPhone yet (the USA's largest trading partner!), if Korea gets the phone before us Canucks, that ought to make some people irate here (seeing that Europe already has their juicy hands on the iPhone)!

Korea has some pretty interesting cellphones. Too bad I never got to experience the fully loaded models as I chose to go with a simple flip phone on a pay-as-you-go plan. Why buy a cellphone in Korea when it can't be used anywhere else in the world? You've probably heard about the Apple iPhone by now.

Remember when I posted about my brand new "Jesus phone"? That was a glorious day in my life as the iPhone is one incredible device. Unlocking the iPhone myself was a nerve wracking experience. However, once I was successful it has been smooth sailing since. Too bad the majority of Canadians can't experience it yet, because it hasn't been released in Canada!

For those who went and bought an iPhone in the USA and brought it back home, you've had to scour the internet forums to figure out how to activate, jailbreak, and unlock your iPhone. Well, I figured I would put my iPhone experience to use and start a new blog about it. That's right, if you have an iPhone or you're considering buying one, check out some of the guides and posts on my new blog, iPhone in Canada!

The following posts might be helpful to all you Canadians out there that are reading my blog and considering an iPhone:
So there you have it, another blog run by Gdog. If you guys and gals are looking for an interesting read over the holidays, give the site a visit and tell your friends! Now that I just started my Christmas holidays (I don't start work again until the second week of January!), look forward to a few more posts here!

1 comments:

stu1211 said...

On a different note, I found this article http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=3225220 listing the greenest cities in the US. This shows that municipalities care about climate change. I guess the general population cares about the environment and global warming. My score on their calculator was 400 but at least I am trying. Here is the link to the website that published the list of cites and where the carbon calculator can be found: www.earthlab.com. The test took me like 5 minutes tops, and then maybe another 2 minutes to find the pledges I wanted. Pretty cool application.

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com