Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Thursday, 17 January 2008

Food I've Eaten in the Past Two Weeks

It's hard to stay on top of updates when I'm not in the land of kimchi. However, I do try to maintain a connection to Korea with my life here back home. For example, you saw my post about the locally fermented kimchi. When I am teaching, I always give a short intro about myself. I tell students where I'm from and that I taught English in Korea for a year. I then ask if anyone is from Korea.

85% of the time, I have at least 1-3 kids say "me!"...then I like to drop an 안녕하세요 bomb on them and you should see the look on their faces! I've come to the conclusion that Koreans are everywhere...secretly hiding in places where you least suspect them to be. They're taking over...the world! In this one school, one student labeled a Korean student "kimchi boy". Of course, I made the kid apologize to "kimchi boy". Some students have picked up English super quick, while others are still trying to master the language. One student told me "I've been here 5 years, but my English still sucks." Hmm...maybe you should stop hanging out with fellow Koreans so you can practice English!

Anyways, to finish off this week I thought it'd be nice to take a look at some of the grub I've consumed over the past couple weeks. These are completely random and pictures were taken with my iPhone. Enjoy!

Curry seafood fried rice in a dim sum restaurant...


Pasta and ice cream from Boston Pizza...


Veal Parmigiana on my sister's birthday...


Craving pasta during last week, I made some homemade pasta (no kimchi was used)...


Flavorless Chinese food from the local mom and pop Chinese restaurant...


Fresh pomegranate and frozen yogurt...


...and Thursday night's dinner: Salt and pepper prawns, beef flank, and gai lan with oyster sauce:


That's it...hope you had a good week. Live long, and prosper!

7 comments:

N said...

lolll your parent's cooking can't bad that bad... it's healthy at least!
Restaurants are just full of msg... but mmmmmmm they sure are good.

the winter sunlight said...

HELLO HOW ARE YOU? i AM TRYING TO GET COMMENTS ABOUT STREET SIGNS OF kOREA.i BELIEVE THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE FOR TORUISTS AND VISITORS IN KOREA. YOUR COMMENT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Jon Allen said...

Hi GDog.
Nice food shots as always.
I don't understand it but your blog is so often on blogrush, very time I follow blogrush link off my blog I find I link to your blog!

I'm off to comment on Jin Park's blog (the commenter above) on Romanization of Korea.

Jon

Orchid said...

Gdog...your iPhone takes pretty good pictures. Looks like you had a very fulfilling week when it came to food. So many different variety! :-)

Gdog said...

n: too bad my parents don't cook for me because I don't live with them! But yes, their cooking is delicious!

winter sunlight: Please feel free to search my blog for street signs. Yes, I do believe that there should be more English street signs.

Jon: Good to hear from you! Haha, that's pretty funny. Glad that Blogrush actually works! Hope things are well with you in Japan. :)

Orchid: Hehe...thanks. The iPhone is pretty cool. You do know by now that I love food. ;)

citizen7774 said...

they sure look korean

if not, still they look very tasty.

bry said...

wow! nice foodS! i wan to eat too! hahaha...and also ur phone cam is awesome...good shots!

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com