Welcome! How to Use This Blog...

Step 1: Teaching in Korea FAQ
Step 2: Read The Top Posts of 2006
Step 3: How to Find a Job Teaching in Korea

Saturday, 27 December 2008

Getting Married in Dubai

Hello everyone! Yes, I am still alive and kicking. Apologies for the lack of updates but life has been just so busy ya know? Anyways before we get started just wanted to say a big MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all those people out there still reading this blog! Thanks for checking up on my updates and commenting. I hope everyone has been able to spend the holidays with their family and friends.

As for us, we have been spending the past couple of weeks again in the UAE! As most of you know we got engaged last year and just over two weeks ago we tied the knot in Dubai! It was a very small wedding on the beach, right outside the Burj Al Arab hotel and Madinat Al Saqr. It was pretty nice to be in the sun and out of the snow and cold that people back home have been "enjoying" to say the least. ;)

Here's a pic of our view from the Madinat Al Qasr:


Here's a pic of Dubai from the top of the Burj Al Arab, where we had brunch the following day. Can you see the world's tallest building, the Burj Dubai (which funny enough is being built by Samsung Corp!):


As you can probably tell, we are having a blast right now. The food at the Burj Al Arab brunch was downright incredible! A massive buffet that includes such a massive array of food that it was impossible for yours truly to even taste it all! I'm not joking! I tried taking a pic of every plate but I couldn't do it anymore to my body.

The seafood selection was pretty awesome though. Lobster, king crab legs, shrimp, mussels, clams, oysters, and even caviar! There was a dude there who's job was only to spoon caviar on your plate--hilarious. Also, there was a foie gras station as well. Buddy would take your order then freshly pan sear a slab of foie gras for you. Talk about massive calorie intake right? Come on, that's what you do when you go on holidays!

Here are a few pics of what I had to eat:






On top of getting hitched in Dubai, we just got back from our honeymoon in the Seychelles. Yes, life is pretty difficult right now as you can see. Until next time!! ;)

22 comments:

meru said...

Dubai looks wonderful!

sarah said...

looks delicious

Wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year 2009 !! (:

kaden said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Kate
http://educationonline-101.com

주창옥 said...

Hey GDog I am pretty stressed lately with some decisions I plan on making in the near future. I'm thinking about and wanting greatly to go to Korea and teach English. I was wondering if you could e-mail me so I can get more into it. My e-mail's juchangok@gmail.com Thanks

Jason

mecozz said...

congrats .... i hope you always happy

태권소녀 said...

Hello!
My name is Minjee Kang and I am a student of Sookmyung Women's University in Korea.

First of all I appreciate your consideration about Korea. I would like to introduce Korean culture more, so would like to me send you an e-mail address?

My e-mail address is smpkmj69@naver.com
I will wait your e-mail. Thank you very much. :)

MonkAre said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali

sendingpostcards said...

Great blog, I'll be back for all the useful info. My fiance and I are planning an around-the-world trip. Since we've already been, Dubai wasn't on the list, but these pictures make me want to go back!!

Bradpetehoops said...

Very delicious yori!

Kasy said...

Wow - the food looks so great. Dubai looks fantastic. I never had the urge to travel there but after seeing your pics, I would love to go. I've just come back from Prague after staying in a quaint little hotel there but nothing beats a sea view.

Jeanne_only said...

hy gdog,my name is jean i'm 16 years old

i'm really interesting to live and work in korea as a english teacher,
but i'm indonesian
i know i'm still young to thinking about this,but i have plan after i graduate from high school i'll take english language in the college

and i will improve my grammar and add more vocabulary

is it possible for me to be an english teacher in korea although i'm not american or canadian?

well it sounds crazy but i really desirously about this...

do you have some advice for me?

thanks before,
take care..

and here is my email address:
jeanneonly@ymail.com

Karachi Hotels said...

Nice post, beautiful pictures, and thats one of my favourite sea food you have there. Do they have some special or does it taste the same?

MinniE said...

Hey there!! Dubai's looks way too cool...your blog is interesting...visit down my blog too^^~~let's be b-friends

vacation deals said...

wow!
a very nice place to visit..
hope to be there too

Suichi said...

I really enjoyed reading here in your blog. BTW the food really looks great *yummy*.

Keep it up.

Suichi said...

Love your blog ^__^

admin facemien.com said...

good blog, happy to read this blog

wnittaya said...

nice blog!

MBA Lady said...

Oh my god... It's so beautiful there! I'm going to study MBA Islamic Finance and Banking, so hope one day I will go to Dubai and admire its beauty!

Anonymous said...

Do you know why we can't view Personal Preference Ep 7? I'm totally into it and I can't see it!! Argh!

Tebonin said...

Dubai I wanna get married there as well. Love sea food!! However it is a very expensive choice. Isn't it?

jeRza said...

wow . look awesome :D . i will feel so happy if someone treat me that ,hehe

Recent Posts

Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com